Prairie Engineers, P.C. is seeking an Administrative Professional to join their team.
Prairie Engineers is a growing company, looking to add an Administrative Professional to their team to provide general office assistance, assist with business registrations and certifications and with marketing and proposal coordination functions. This position will be a full-time position with a competitive salary based on qualifications. This position will serve all company offices and is available to be filled in any of our office locations.
Prairie Engineers is a full services engineering, geospatial, and environmental science firm with a goal of delivering sustainable infrastructure solutions and maintaining our natural and built environment. We are a woman-owned firm with offices in Columbia, Hillsboro, Peoria, and Springfield, Illinois; Hazelwood, Missouri; and Keokuk, Iowa. The firm provides services to federal, state, and local governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses.
Essential Job Functions:
- Office communications and correspondence including emailing, answering the telephone, processing mail, creating and maintaining project files, and greeting guests as they enter the office
- Typing and formatting specifications and related documents
- Assisting in project related reports and administrative functions
- Scanning, copying, and maintaining electronic and paper records
- Maintaining office supplies and general office organization and upkeep
- Assist with business registrations, annual compliance reporting, certifications, and prequalifications
- Assist with maintenance records for offices and equipment including vehicles, office equipment, computer equipment and software, and industry equipment
- Assisting Human Resources as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Possible Job Functions:
- Occasional project related field work
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or equivalent working experience
- Advanced proficiency level in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with others, and to self-direct work
- Willingness to promote the company both externally and internally
- Energetic with a positive can-do attitude
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Experience in business administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of federal and state contracting requirements
- Knowledge of the architecture/engineering/construction industry
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and contact Prairie Engineers via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Preference will be given to applicants who reside in a HUBZone as defined by the US Small Business Administration. For a map of certified HUBZone areas, please refer to the following website: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map/