Professional Civil Engineer
Prairie Engineers of Illinois, P.C. is seeking a Professional Civil Engineer to join their team.
Prairie Engineers is a woman-owned civil engineering, surveying, land acquisition and environmental science firm with offices in Columbia, Lincoln, Peoria, and Springfield, Illinois. The firm provides services to local, state, and federal governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses. Prairie Engineers is a growing company, looking to add an experienced Civil Engineer to their team to manage and perform transportation and/or water resources infrastructure projects including planning, design, and construction administration services. This position will be a full time position with benefits and a competitive salary based on previous experience. This position is available to be filled in any of our office locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to manage and perform the planning, design, and construction administration of transportation and/or water resources infrastructure projects
- Ability to work both independently and as a team leader
- Focus on project delivery and customer service with attention to detail and deadlines
- Coordinate, manage and mentor office staff consisting of surveyors, civil engineers, and CADD technicians
- Develop proposals and estimates for various civil engineering projects
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Communicate effectively with the project team
- Assist in the strategic management of the firm’s civil engineering discipline
- A minimum of five years’ relevant design experience
- Current licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficient in Power GEOPAK, Open Roads, and/or AutoDesk Civil3D
- Willingness to travel to meet project requirements
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a project team
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Ten or more years of design experience
- Past project management experience
- Familiarity with Illinois DOT design standards, procedures, and requirements
- Strong familiarity with ArcGIS
As an equal opportunity employer, Prairie Engineers of Illinois, P.C. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and submit along with resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.