professional land surveyor
Prairie Engineers of Illinois, P.C. is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join their Peoria, Illinois office.
Prairie Engineers is a woman-owned civil engineering, surveying, land acquisition and environmental science firm with offices in Columbia, Lincoln, Peoria, and Springfield, Illinois. The firm provides services to local, state, and federal governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses. Prairie Engineers is a growing company, looking to add a licensed Professional Land Surveyor in their Peoria office to assist with the firm’s land surveying projects. This is a full time position with benefits and a competitive salary based on previous experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and mentor field crews and office staff consisting of surveyors, civil engineers, and CADD technicians
- Develop proposals and estimates for land surveying projects
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Communicate effectively with the project team
- Perform and check calculations including level circuit reduction, least squared and compass rule computations, and volume and area calculations
- Conduct boundary research and prepare plats, plans, and legal boundary descriptions
- Work cooperatively with management and staff to develop and maintain surveying policies and procedures
- Assist in the strategic direction of the firm’s land surveying discipline
- A minimum of five years’ relevant land surveying experience
- Current licensure as an Illinois Professional Land Surveyor or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficient in Power GEOPAK, Open Roads, and/or AutoDesk Civil3D
- Willingness to travel to meet project requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with a project team
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Prior project management experience
- Professional Land Surveyor licensure in additional States
- Strong familiarity with ArcGIS
As an equal opportunity employer, Prairie Engineers of Illinois, P.C. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and contact Prairie Engineers via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.