LINCOLN ENGINEERING PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
For Lincoln, Illinois, Prairie Engineers provided program management services for the City’s Capital Infrastructure program. Primary duties included planning and implementation of roadway, sidewalk, and sewer projects Citywide. Additional duties included attendance at City Council meetings, responding to inquiries by citizens and elected officials, management of the City’s infrastructure funds, technical assistance for City street and sewer crews, review of development plans, and coordination with state and federal agencies. Specific accomplishments for the City include:
- Developed an asset inventory in GIS format for all streets under City Jurisdiction. Attributes included street widths, pavement surface, and the presence of curbs and gutters. In addition, a roadway condition index was developed for all streets using the PASER method. The collected condition ratings were incorporated into the City’s asset inventory.
- Developed the City’s first Roadway Capital Improvement Plan to prioritize investments in the City’s roadway infrastructure and identify funding mechanisms.
- Planned and oversaw the implementation of roadway reconstruction and pavement preservation projects throughout the City, including newer and non-traditional pavement preservation methods such as white-topping, hot-in-place recycling, cold-in-place recycling, and Microsurfacing.
- Developed an asset inventory in GIS format for all sidewalks and sidewalk ramps within the City of Lincoln. Attributes included sidewalk material, widths, cross-slopes, longitudinal slope, presence of detectable warnings, and barriers to access. Also developed a condition rating for all City sidewalks including pavement condition and compliance with PROWAG and incorporated these ratings into the City’s sidewalk asset inventory.
- Developed an asset inventory of the City’s sewer system, including storm sewers, sanitary sewers, combined sewers, and force main sewers throughout the City. The inventory included sewer structures and piping. Attributes included sewer type, sewer size, pipe material, pipe elevations, and sewer structure conditions.
Click here for other Planning and Program Management projects
Click here for other Local Government projects