Human Resources Professional
PRAIRIE ENGINEERS, P.C. IS SEEKING A Human Resources Professional TO JOIN THEIR TEAM.
Prairie Engineers is a growing company, looking to add a Human Resources Professional to their team to support the mission and vision of the company by promoting corporate values; coordinate recruiting and onboarding new employees; manage employee benefit programs and technical and professional training and development; assist with business registrations and certifications; and provide general office assistance. This position will be a full-time position with a negotiable salary based on qualifications and experience. This position will serve all company offices and is available at our Columbia or Washington, Illinois office locations.
Prairie Engineers is a full services engineering, geospatial, and environmental science firm with a goal of delivering sustainable infrastructure solutions and maintaining our natural and built environment. We are a woman-owned firm with offices in Columbia, Hillsboro, Washington, Champaign, and Springfield, Illinois; Hazelwood, Missouri; and Keokuk, Iowa. The firm provides services to federal, state, and local governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses.
Essential job functions include:
- Support employees through the employment cycle including onboarding documentation, status changes and retirement or exit counseling.
- Coordinate new hire processes including benefit enrollment, employment eligibility verifications, drug and alcohol screenings, and safety training.
- Annually review benefit offerings from current and alternate providers, analyze costs to both employees and the company, make recommendations and facilitate management decisions.
- Improve and apply HR processes, policies and standards meeting local and federal employment laws and cultural environment.
- Manage, maintain, and complete a thorough review of our employee handbook.
- Act as a strategic partner to executive leadership in workforce planning.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of goals, strategies, and tactics to attract and retain top talent, develop a diverse & inclusive workforce, build talent pipelines for future job openings, and to showcase our unique and growing company.
- Coordinate recruiting processes including job posting, advertising, applicant tracking, background checks, and prepare employment offers.
- Manage and maintain records for staff training and professional development.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices.
- Assist with business registrations, annual compliance reporting, certification, and prequalification.
- Office communications and correspondence, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a business-related field, or equivalent working experience
- 5-years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Advanced proficiency level in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with others, and to self-direct work.
- Strategic thinking with a spirit of innovation and a willingness to promote change.
- Energetic with a positive can-do attitude
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Experience in business administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of federal and state contracting requirements.
- Knowledge of the architecture/engineering/construction industry
Preference will be given to applicants who reside in a HUBZone as defined by the US Small Business Administration. For a map of certified HUBZone areas, please refer to the following website: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map/
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
For additional information regarding our company and benefits offered our employees, return to our main Opportunities Page.
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and contact Prairie Engineers via e-mail at email@example.com.