Water Resources Engineer
Prairie Engineers, P.C. is seeking a Professional Water Resources Engineer to join their team.
Prairie Engineers is a full services engineering, geospatial, and environmental science firm with a goal of delivering sustainable infrastructure solutions and maintaining our natural and developed environment. We are a woman-owned firm with offices in Columbia, Champaign, Hillsboro, Springfield, and Washington, Illinois; Keokuk, Iowa; and Hazelwood, Missouri. The firm provides services to federal, state, and local governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses.
Prairie Engineers is a growing company, seeking an experienced Water Resources Engineer to join their team. This position will be a full-time position with benefits and a competitive salary based on previous experience. This position is available to be filled at any of our office locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to manage and perform the planning, design, and construction administration of water resources infrastructure projects for federal, state, and local government, utilities, and industrial infrastructure projects in multiple states
- Focus on project delivery and customer service with attention to detail and deadlines
- Manage, mentor and coordinate staff consisting of surveyors, engineers, environmental scientists, and CADD technicians
- Ability to work both independently and as a team leader
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Prepare proposals and estimates for various water resources engineering projects
- Communicate effectively with the internal and external project team
- Assist in the strategic management of the firm’s civil engineering discipline
- A minimum of five years’ relevant design experience
- Current licensure as a Professional Engineer
- Proficient in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and advanced/complex hydraulic modeling
- Familiarity with current local, state and federal Design Standards and Regulations or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to varying design standards
- Willingness to travel to meet project requirements
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a project team
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Past experience in 2D modeling, dam breach analysis, FEMA flood studies, sediment transport
- Certified Floodplain Manager
- Working knowledge of FEMA, USACE, and state DNR design standards and requirements
- Strong familiarity with ArcGIS, Power GEOPAK, Open Roads, and/or AutoDesk Civil3D
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and contact Prairie Engineers via e-mail at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Preference will be given to applicants who reside in a HUBZone as defined by the US Small Business Administration. For a map of certified HUBZone areas, please refer to the following website: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map/
For additional information regarding our company and benefits offered our employees, please visit our website at www.prairieengineers.com.